Writing Assignment for Monday, September 26
Carefully read and study this short, 2 page article by Francis Beckwith on abortion, handed out in class and available here:
Other writings by this author on abortion are available at his webpage here, in case you would like to see his position and arguments developed in greater detail:
Then, carefully read and study this article on how to write a philosophy paper by Jim Pryor:
Then, write a paper about the Beckwith article.
This paper should conform to Pryor’s advice. It should:
1. Have an introductory paragraph.
2. Have a thesis.
3. Explain Beckwith’s arguments.
4. Offer criticisms and critiques of arguments: your objections and critiques or ones that could be raised by someone.
5. A response to these criticisms and critiques: what might Beckwith say in response?
6. A conclusion and concluding paragraph.
Due Monday, in class, in hardcopy but also sent via email to Professor Nobis by 8 AM that Monday: Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org